It was so nice to meet everyone at Meet and Greet the Teacher Night last week!
I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend, enjoyed the beautiful weather and day off!
In Reading this week, we will begin our next story: Train to Somewhere. Our skill that we will be focusing on this week is: sequence. Students will have a Reading test on Friday, September 9th. Students should study their vocabulary, notes and comprehension questions for the test on Friday.
*A variety of different book reports will be assigned throughout the school year in Reading. Students will be assigned their first book report this week. Students will receive their September Book Report forms this week with the format. For this first “September Book Report,” students may choose a fiction book of their choice. Students are encouraged to turn in their book reports early, before the scheduled due date, if they are ready to be turned in.
*Also, students will be required to read and take quizzes on 8 books per trimester for Accelerated Reading. At least 1 of the 8 total books for the trimester needs to be a nonfiction book. There will also be due dates within the trimester for how many books should be read and AR quizzes taken.
4th Grade – Accelerated Reader – Due Dates for the 1st Trimester:
*2 books and AR quizzes are due by Thursday, September 15th.*
2 more books are due (total of 4 books all together) and AR quizzes by Friday, September 30th.
2 more books are due (total of 6 books all together) and AR quizzes by Friday, October 14th.
2 more books are due (total of 8 books all together) – All 8 books and AR quizzes for the trimester are due by Friday, November 4th.
In Social Studies this week, we will continue our study of the Earth and Map Skills. We will continue to focus on the continents and oceans, as well as locating them on a map. We will have our test on Wednesday, Sept. 7th. Our test will focus on labeling and spelling the continents and oceans correctly. Students should study their maps and study guides in preparation for the test on Wednesday. We will also begin learning about the different hemispheres and cardinal directions.
In Spelling this week, we will begin with our Unit 2 spelling words. We will have our second spelling test this Friday, September 9th on Unit 2.
- Students may be out of uniform on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week due to the heat and high temperatures.
- Students may also bring water bottles with them to school.
- Friday folders will go home this week. Please look over the contents of the folder and discuss your child's progress with him/her. You may keep the tests that are in the folder. Also, the Friday folder should be signed and returned on Monday.
- This Friday, September 9th at 1:15 is our first All-School Mass of the new school year.
- This Sunday, September 11th at 10:00 is our first Family Mass of the new school year, followed by "Donuts on the Lawn" sponsored by the Family School Association.
Hope you have a fantastic week!