Preschool News 01/20/20
Posted on Jan 19, 2020
Dear Preschool Parents,
We had a wonderful and busy week in Preschool! We spent the week engaged in all sorts of winter themed fun. We read the cute story “Penguins Love Colors” and the boys and girls cut out and made their own adorable, colorful penguins! We also spent some time reading and doing fun activities with the story “The Mitten” by Jan Brett. Our little ones practiced comprehension skills by acting out the story and pretending to be an animal from the story by going onto our life-size mitten. They also got a page with many different animals on it and had to color and glue onto their mittens only the animals that were in the story – they did wonderful remembering which animals were or were not in the story!
This week in Preschool we also learned about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his dream of peace for our world. We learned how he worked hard to ensure everyone was treated equally and with love and kindness. We read a mini book that reminded us that we can be kind to others like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. taught. The Preschoolers also made a peace craft that signifies the importance of our whole world working together to treat everyone kindly. The boys and girls played a math game where they would roll a dice and dot that many globes with their dab-a-dot markers.
We learned all about letter Ll this week! We learned the special sound the letter makes and how to print the upper and lowercase letter. The Preschoolers identified tons of words that begin with the letter and searched for it among others.
Our focus in religion was on being a kind friend this week. The boys and girls brainstormed ways that they are a kind friend and made a craft that shows why they are a kind friend. They also each picked a friend in the class to write about why that friend is so awesome. We are so lucky to have so many nice friends in Room 109! Each day at the end of the day, we have been spending a few minutes allowing the Preschoolers to share kind things others said or did for them that day that made them feel good or happy. There are so many kind acts occurring – we are so proud of this sweet group!
Just some reminders…
- In celebration with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, we will be having a Career Day on Tuesday, January 21st. Preschoolers are invited to come to school dressed up as anything they would like to be when they get older (princesses, sports players, anything counts!)
- If you have not already done so, please make sure to turn in your child’s registration form for next year’s Preschool or Kindergarten classes. We are opening up registration to new families this weekend so please try to turn yours in as soon as possible to ensure you have a spot in the program of your choice!
- Please join us on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. mass followed by an Open House throughout the school from 11:00-12:00p.m. Come take a look at all the wonderful learning, fun and friendship that occurs in Room 109! Please also invite any neighbors, friends or relatives that are looking for a wonderful school next year to our new family Open House from 9:00-10:00a.m. We really appreciate your help in promoting our awesome school!
- We still desperately need more milk jugs so please keep saving and sending in over the next couple days! We can’t wait until we have enough to build our igloo! Thank you so much for your help with this very special project.
- If you are free on Saturday, please join us for the Connor Lowry gym dedication. All students who attend on Friday are also asked to please wear red, white and blue to school on this day.
- Looking ahead, next Thursday (Jan. 30th) is an early dismissal day for Full Day students at 1:45p.m.
As always, please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful week and hope to see you all on Sunday!