Preschool News 01/26/2020
Posted on Jan 25, 2020
Happy Catholic Schools Week! It was so wonderful to see so many of you today at Church and in our classroom for Open House. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and see all the incredible things that make St. John Fisher such a wonderful place to be! I am sure you could see by the work on display how hard our students have been working and what amazing growth and progress they have accomplished so far this year in every aspect. We are so proud of each of your children and we truly feel so blessed to be their teachers! As we celebrate Catholic Schools Week, please know how grateful we are for each of your families and for choosing SJF!
This week in Preschool, we engaged in some more winter themed fun and activities! We read the adorable story “Sneezy the Snowman” and learned how Sneezy melted after encountering some warm objects. The Preschoolers each brainstormed their own reason why their snowman might melt (such as he ate a hot pepper or someone breathed on him with really hot breath! :-)) and then created their own adorable melting snowman with a puffy white “snow” mixture. The boys and girls also practiced cutting skills by making sweet snowman paper plate faces and the cutest winter birds. Additionally, we read another classic story “The Snowy Day” about the adventures of a little boy on a snow day. The Preschoolers each thought of and wrote or traced how they like to spend a snow day on an adorable Snowy Day craft. This week in Preschool we also continued our celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. To help better understand how we are all different on the outside but the same on the inside, we did an activity where we took a brown and a white egg and cracked them both open to see that, just like us, they are the same on the inside! The boys and girls looked awesome in their variety of gear for Career Day - thank you so much for your help in this special day! We sure have 20 of the most hard-working, kind and sweet future workers in Room 109!
We learned about letter Mm this week in Preschool. We learned the sound the letter makes and the boys and girls were really enjoying coming up with many new words that begin with Mm! They practiced writing the upper and lowercase letter and searched for it among others. They sure are marvelous!
Our super special star of the week this week was Libbie! Libbie made an awesome decorated poster and we all enjoyed learning more about her. She brought in a sweet story about sisters for us to read and showed a favorite toy too. We are working on a book for Libbie to show her all the many ways she is so wonderful! Way to go, Libbie – you are so very special to us!!! :-)
Just some reminders…
- Our class is very excited to be attending the school book fair this week! You are welcome to shop with your child if you would like on Wednesday morning at 8:00a.m. Please let me know via a note or email if you are planning on joining us and shopping with your child. If you are not available to join us, we would be happy to help your child shop if you’d like. Mrs. Keller has instructions for creating an online fund for your child to shop with in Mrs. Nash’s weekly notes. Please send me a note or email if you would like to utilize this option.
- Thursday is an early dismissal day at 1:45p.m. for a Faculty Inservice. Extended Day is available on this day, please let me know if your child will be attending.
- As one of the ways we are celebrating Catholic Schools Week, each grade will be participating in daily kindness activities. Be on the lookout for some “homework” in your child’s folder this week to engage in these kind acts at home each day this week. Thank you for your help!
- Just a reminder that all students (both those returning for another year of Preschool and those going to Kindergarten next year) must fill out and return the green registration form. We would really appreciate if you could send those in as soon as possible if you have not already done so. If you know your child will not be returning to SJF next year please also let me know that as soon as possible so that we don’t save them a spot.
- We also are so grateful for your help in promoting our wonderful school to friends, family and neighbors! Thank you for helping us spread the word that SJF is the best place to be!
- We would love to share more of the fun we have in Room 109 with all of you and thought it might be a good idea to try a class Instagram account. We would love if you follow us @ourfuntimein109. Our account will remain private but please let me know if you would not like me to post your child on our Instagram page. We hope this is a fun way for you to get a peek into all the special daily happenings of Room 109! :-)
As always, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to a very fun and memorable week ahead for Catholic Schools Week! Hope you have a wonderful week, too!