Preschool News 12/15/19
Posted on Dec 14, 2019
It is definitely the most wonderful time of the year in Preschool! Our classroom was just like a version of Santa’s workshop last week as we finished up our adorable parent gifts, wrote the room “Christmas style” and cut out and decorated the large Christmas trees that we painted last week. We also made a special keepsake ornament and decorated Christmas cards to spread some cheer to the seniors at Smith Village. We are enjoying unwrapping a new Christmas book or two to read each day and have of course been hard at work preparing for our Christmas program on Wednesday. Our full day Preschoolers were able to perform one of their songs, “Oh What A Special Night,” for the whole school on Friday afternoon for the school wide Christmas concert where each grade performed a Christmas song for the rest of the school. We are all so excited for our big Preschool Christmas Performance on Wednesday!
We finished up learning about letter Jj this week and started learning about letter Kk. We learned the special sound the letter makes and identified many words that begin with the letter. We also practiced how to write the upper and lowercase letter. We will continue learning about letter Kk this coming week.
In religion, we continued learning about how we celebrate Jesus’ birth on Christmas. We learned about important people who were involved in the birth of Jesus, including Mary, Joseph and Angel Gabriel, as well as some new vocabulary, such as manger, stable and nativity. The Preschoolers each thought of a gift, just like the three Wise Men, that they would give to baby Jesus. We also reviewed how this season of Advent is an important time to spread love and kindness to all through our words and actions.
We are SO excited for our Preschool Christmas Program on Wednesday at 12:00pm and hope you can join us! Here are some important reminders…
- All are welcome to attend! Please refer to Mrs. Nash’s Friday Notes regarding procedures for having SJF siblings attend (your child’s teacher and the office must be notified in advance and you must sign him/her out at the office before the performance.)
- Please make sure to have your child use the bathroom before they are dropped off! Please also hold onto any of your child’s belongings once you drop them off to our classroom (i.e. coats, mittens, etc.)
- We ask that all Preschoolers arrive to our classrooms via their normal entrance doors at 11:40 a.m. Preschoolers should be dressed in their Christmas/Sunday best! :-)
- After the performance, all of the Preschoolers will process out of the Church together back to our classrooms. The Preschoolers can be picked up from our regular dismissal doors after the performance (they have a special gift for mom and dad that they will give to you at this time!)
In addition to our Preschool Christmas Program, we have a busy week ahead in Preschool! Some important dates to know…
- Tuesday (12/17) is our Polar Express Day. Preschoolers are welcome to wear their pajamas to school on this day! It will surely be an exciting day! :-)
- Friday (12/20) is the last day of school before Christmas break. Our half day students will be dismissed at their usual 10:45am time and our full day students will be dismissed at 11:30a.m. Please let me know via a note or email in advance if your child will be attending extended day on this day or will be picked up by someone other than their usual caregiver/parent. School resumes on Monday, January 6th.
As always, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. We are really looking forward to a fun and memorable week in Preschool! Thank you so much for all of your help!