Friday Thoughts 1/18/19
Posted on Jan 18, 2019
Dear SJF Families,
As we settle into the New Year, SJF is back to business as usual and we continue to expand our busy schedules, adding fun and exciting events to our calendar! Last night we had an Open House for any potential new families interested in our Primary Education Program. It was so wonderful to see so many future falcons! Please encourage your neighbors, families and friends, who are interested in attending SJF, to register as soon as possible as our primary classes are already beginning to fill. We will have another Open House, Sunday January 27th, at 9am for our new falcon families. Following our 10am family mass, which kicks off our Catholic Schools’ Week celebration, we will have an Open House for our existing falcon families. We look forward to seeing all of you! Looking ahead to next week, this upcoming Thursday, January 24th, we will be hosting our first Future Falcon Friends open gym class. This class is open to children ages birth to five and their caregivers. Patrons do not need to live in our parish, the cost is $5 a family, and the class will take place in our gym from 10:30 – 11:15. Help us spread the word about our exciting new program!
I want to extend a big congratulations to our very talented and proud 5thgrade girls’ volleyball team who won 1stplace at the St. George Volleyball Tournament yesterday! This weekend we will continue to celebrate our volleyball program as we host our annual girls’ volleyball “Pack the House.” Games will run all day tomorrow; the 8thgrade games begin at 7pm. This is always a fun event and one you won’t have to travel far to enjoy in the projected snowy weather. Best of luck to all of our athletes this weekend!
· Last week’s broken pipe, that was located outside of the pre-school entry-way, has been repaired. Thank you for your patience during that brief construction period.
· Don’t miss the best Queen of Hearts Incentive yet! Holy Name/Women’s Club is sponsoring a $500 tuition credit. Every SJF Family who buys $20 in Queen of Hearts Saturday at Pack the House, Sunday after 10 am mass or at the Holy Name AFC/NFC event will be entered into a drawing to win a $500 tuition credit! The
next drawing will be held Sunday before the draw at the AFC/NFC Party. The
incentive drawing will be held with the Queen of Hearts drawing Sunday 1/20 at half time of the second game!
· Our mass challenge continues! Don’t forget to visit the back of church after mass to obtain your ticket and enter to win a prize.
· This Monday we will be celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday and as a result school will be closed.
· Over the next two weeks, our third-eighth grade students will be taking the second of the ACT Interim tests in math and reading. The data from these assessments is used by our faculty to determine curricular changes that will improve student performance.
· Our Scholastic Team is hosting a dress-down day fundraiser on Wednesday, January 23rd, to participate in a nationally recognized academic competition hosted by Northwestern University. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Students can dress as a scholar, their favorite teacher, or in their favorite high school or college gear. Thank you in advance for your support.
· If your child has any outstanding lunch bills, please make payment by next week.
· We have had many students have to leave school early due to illness. In an effort to stop spreading these illnesses, please keep your child home until they are healthy and fever free for 24 hours.
Stay warm and enjoy your three-day weekend!