Dear Preschool Families,
Welcome Back for a great new year of Preschool in Room 108. I am so excited to start the year with your children. We are going to have so much fun together this year!
Though we had a short week we were able to accomplish some fun things. We worked on establishing a good routine that we will follow throughout the year.
1. We talked about our important rules of the classroom which are, "Sharing," "Clean Up", "Walk in the line", and most importantly, "Keep our Hands to Ourselves."
2. Most of us were assigned a job and the rest will get one this week. Everyone really loves getting a job and they take it very seriously. We have a Prayer Leader, Flag Holder, Rule Pointer, Gardener, Weather Reporter, Line Leader, Door Holder, Greeter, Teacher Assistant, Calendar Captain and Librarian.
3. We worked on how to sit on the carpet and listen to a story and we learned to say, "Criss, Cross, Applesauce, Be Your Own Boss." We sit on our bottoms, legs crossed, hands in our lap, eyes on the teacher and quiet lips.
4. We learned a secret sign to help us know when to be quiet. I raise my hand and they raise their's and then all is quiet.
5. We learned how to put our backpacks away and take out our folders. We learned that when we enter the class, we find our name tag and put it on the board. We learned that we go to the tables first for a craft or table toys after we put our names on the board.
We played with toys, played some fun games, went outside to play and met lots of new and old friends. It was a great week in preschool!