Friday Thoughts - June 02
Posted on Jun 05, 2017
Dear Falcon Families,
The final days of the school year are a bit frantic, but we have enjoyed great weather for this week’s Spirit events and the service trip to Great America, the eighth grade trip to the Sox game, and the fourth-grade rocket launch. The kids have enjoyed a few extra minutes of recess time after “finals” and other end-of-the-year assignments. We have three full days next week with much left to be accomplished.
Today’s memo is mostly reminders:
1. The lunch program ended on June 1. Students need to brown bag it for three days next week.
2. We are collecting used school supplies for the mission in Haiti. Our SOAR team will collect the supplies in each classroom on Tuesday. Please let your children know if you want them to save their supplies; otherwise we will collect and send what we can. The mission is also in need of book bags, so if your child has outgrown his, please let him know if he should donate it to the mission.
3. Raffle tickets are still available for the FLASH RAFFLE. Please return your ticket as soon as possible. If you would like an extra chance or two, just call the office or email me and I will be sure to get the ticket to you. Remember the prize is one full tuition for next year.
4. Speaking of tuition. Our goal this summer is to invoice everyone by the end of June. Once you receive your statement, you can begin paying your book fee day bill either on line, by mail, or by stopping in at the office. We are trying to eliminate our traditional book day and provide an opportunity for you to begin early payment on what is a significant August expense. A letter outlining the details of the plan will accompany your invoice. You can anticipate a 3.5% increase in costs next year.
5. We will be changing the gym uniform next year. (Mesh shorts, “track pants” and a new shirt). Next year will be a transition year so students
may wear either uniform for the 2017-2018 school year. Details about ordering to follow.
6. We will also be switching lunch vendors next year. We have contracted with Country House Restaurants who provide food service to several area high schools. Country House also manages all food service at St. Xavier University and Gilhooley’s Restaurant. They will be providing freshly prepared meals each day. We had a food tasting at our last FSA meeting and decided the company was worthy of a James Baird Award. Look for many more details including menus and ease of ordering and payment in the weeks ahead.
7. There will be no after school extended day on Thursday, June 8.
8. We are immensely proud of St. John Fisher’s Class of 2017. We will post a full review of the multiple awards and scholarships the group has merited but in summary I am proud to announce that collectively they have been awarded more than $220,000 in academic and leadership scholarships. 20% of the class tested at or above the 90% on the high school placement exam. Look for great things from these future alums!
9. We have a few families with outstanding tuition balances for the last month of school. If you forgot that last payment, please be sure it is in by Tuesday everyone will receive the all important final report card. If you have a question about a balance, please let us know. Thanks for your cooperation.
10.WE HAVE THREE FULL DAYS NEXT WEEK. Tuesday afternoon we will have an “abbreviated” track and field day on our own parking lot. Thursday day is the final day of the school year with Mass at 9:15 and the final bell at 10:30. All are welcome for Mass… it is a great celebration!
Please stay tuned for more up to the minute news…have a great weekend.