Notes from Mrs. Nash 8/30/19
Posted on Sep 04, 2019
Dear SJF Families, We are off and running into the new school year! Teachers and students are getting back into the groove of their routines and we are all gaining more confidence each day in our new roles. SJF certainly isn’t lacking for excitement or events all of which are outlined below. One of our new school-wide initiatives is the Falcon of the Week which is directly tied to our school theme, “Fly Like a Falcon.” We are so excited and looking forward to welcoming all of you to our Back to School Night this upcoming Wednesday, September 4th. For now, have a wonderful Labor Day weekend with your family and friends and don’t forget to “Fly Like a Falcon!” Thank you for your continued support of Catholic education and specifically St. John Fisher. In unity and hope, Mrs. Maura Nash
• For general school questions, please feel free to call Kate Spadoni in the school office at 773-445-4737 or email at email@example.com
• Students are allowed to wear shorts until October 1st - • Be safe when walking to and from school! Students should cross 103rd street with the crossing guard at the stop light.
• Donuts on the Lawn will take place immediately following 10am mass on September 8 th .
ETC classes begin Monday, September 9 th .
• There is a School Advisory Board (SAB) meeting on Tuesday, September 10th in the Teacher’s Lounge.
• Fisher Fest begins Thursday, September 12th! *There will be NO SCHOOL onFriday, September 13th .
• Save the Date! September 17th: Roy Petitfils, Licensed Counselor, will be presenting to the students during the school day and parents in the evening. Mr. Petitfils is an internationally recognized expert in understanding and raising teenagers. He is a therapist at Pax Renewal Center in Lafayette, LA and holds a Masters in Mental Health and School Counseling from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette.
•Like us & follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/sjfschoolchicago & Instagram: stjohnfisher