January 20, 2023
Posted on Jan 20, 2023
Dear SJF Families,
We had another action-packed week at SJF! This week students in grades kindergarten - 8th completed their Reading iReady Diagnostic. Next week our k-8 Falcons will complete their Math iReady Diagnostic. Please continue to reiterate these tips from our 6th grade scholars with your child(ren) before he/she takes the assessment next week.
- Get a good night's rest! 7-9 hours is ideal before a test as sleep helps your brain function.
- Eat a good breakfast! Food is fuel and gives you energy to focus.
- Make sure you have your headphones/earbuds! Listening and reading the text helps comprehension.
- Take your time! Rushing leads to mistakes.
- Just do your best! You've got this!
Thank you to everyone who had the opportunity to complete the parent/guardian "school spirit family banner"! They look fantastic! If you did not turn yours in, we will accept any additional submissions through Wednesday of next week. We can't wait to welcome and visit with you at next week's Open House. Thank you for choosing St. John Fisher School and for entrusting your most precious gifts to us each and every day. PEACE LOVE SJF.
In unity and hope,
-Mrs. Maura Nash