The school supplies ordered in June have arrived. All boxes are ready for pick up in Kane Hall tomorrow, Tuesday, the 14th, from 3pm to 6pm in Kane Hall. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Reba Thomas at (708) 921 8919.
You will have a chance to get to get to know Mr. Fornaciari at the 4 p.m. mass this Saturday and at the 10 a.m. mass this Sunday. We will do a backpack blessing at the 10 a.m. Sunday Mass, so please have your child bring his/her backpack to church. Following the 10 a.m. mass on Sunday, we welcome you to join us for donuts on the lawn.
There will be a uniform exchange on Thursday, August 16 from 5 pm-6:30 pm in the convent. Queen of Hearts raffle tickets will also be available. Please email Nora Bansley at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Queen of Hearts rolled over, and the number 20 was picked on Friday. The pot is up to $32,000 – help yourself and help SJF by buying raffle tickets!
There will be a back-to-school party on the parking lot on Thursday, August 23. Details to follow.
The parish picnic will be held following noon mass at Beverly Park on Sunday, August 26.
Also, just a reminder that first through fifth grade students should be practicing their math flashcards, and all students entering grades 2-8 have a summer math packet available on our website due on the first day of school.
And last but not least,
We know everybody is being asked for money and time in August, but St. John FISHERFEST really needs your help!
- Will you help by buying one or part of a FISHERFEST grand raffle ticket?
- Will you help sell tickets after Mass? There are still many spots still open even for this weekend's Masses.
- Will you ask your friends, family, and neighbors if they can help out in either way? Highest seller wins a $250 prize this year!
Fisherfest is our only annual parish fundraiser, contributing 10-15% of the overall parish funding.
Without a successful Raffle, FISHERFEST will not continue!
Please sign up here to sell tickets, email Bridget Stalla email@example.com if you need a ticket or 2, and we will get it to you, or stop in at the Rectory, 10234 S. Fairfield (can call too at 773-445-6565).
$25,000 is the Grand Prize, only 900 tickets sold!
Other prizes include:
- $2,000 - Early Bird Raffle Prize, buy before the parish picnic at noon in Beverly Park on 8/26 for an extra chance to win.
- $2,500- 2nd prize
- $1,500- 3rd
- $1,000- 4th
- School families who buy their ticket by Wednesday, 9/12 will be entered into a separate $1,000 School Tuition credit raffle.
See www.fisherfest.com for more info. or to buy your ticket online!