The last school board meeting for this school year will be Thursday, June 13th @ 7:30 PM in the school library. There will not be a meeting in July. We will share August date once determined.
- Pastor Update (5 Minutes): Selection of new board member
- Principal Update (5 Minutes)
- Communications Committee Update (10 Minutes), Sara
- Strategic Planning Update: Summary of Headlines and Next Steps (30 Minutes), Joe and Joan
- School Board Feedback/Reflection (5 Minutes), Carrie
- Key Dates (5 Minutes): August School Board Meeting, Parent Organization Calendar Meeting
Please email SJFSAB@gmail.com if you plan to attend. Please share topic to be discussed if you would like time on the agenda and we will do our best to accommodate.
SJF School Advisory Board Meeting Schedule
The SAB normally holds a minimum of six meetings of the full board per year, typically the first Tuesday of every other month at 7pm in the school library unless otherwise noted on the school calendar or via an e-mail update to the school community. The intervening months are reserved for meetings of the various SAB committees. For the 2018-19 school year, the SAB has decided to meet as a full board monthly as we reorganize and reenergize our efforts in line with new archdiocesan guidelines. The current 2018-19 meeting schedule is as follows: September 25, 2018 @ 7:30pm (executive session only – board introductions) October 8, 2018 @ 7pm (executive session only – board training) November 6, 2018 @ 7p (executive session only – committee formation) December 4, 2018 @ 7pm (open forum – moved to Kane Hall) January 15, 2019 @ 7pm February 5, 2019 @ 7pm March 5, 2019 @ 7pm April 9, 2019 @ 7pm May 7, 2019 @ 7pm Unless noted as an executive session only, full board meetings consist of two sessions: one open to community members and one closed to just board members. We will always start the meeting with the open session to accommodate our welcomed guests at a set time. The standing agenda for the open portion of the meeting will typically be as follows:
• Opening prayer
• Review of meeting norms and agenda
• Review and approval of past minutes
• Review of and response to previous guest comments / promised SAB feedback
• Invitation and discussion, if appropriate, of new guest comments and concerns
• Pastor’s report
• Principal’s report
• Committee reports
• Other ad hoc new business
• Dismissal to closed session
The SAB will seek to publish the specific agenda and any supplemental notes or prep materials for each full board meeting at least seven days, and never less than three days, in advance via the linked documents section on this SAB web page as well as via the school messenger e-mail system.