SJF School Advisory Board Meeting Schedule
Agenda: School Advisory Board Meeting 1/15 @ 7 PM in School Library.
· Approval of Meeting Notes and Action from 12/4 Meeting including:
§ Volunteer follow-up
§ SAB Website completion to enable transparency and progress. Seek SAB Member feedback on material: Purpose and Structure, Objectives, Members and Bios, Meeting Schedule, Meeting Guest Protocol.
§ Next steps on School Survey
· Guests: Sean Slevin joining form Holy Name to align goals
· Objective 1 – Pastor Update (Fr. Ken)
· Objective 2 – Principal Update (Maura) including: Catholic Schools Week, Teacher Evaluation Process, Tuition & Budget and Curriculum Update.
· Objective 3: SAB Member Review of SJF SAB bylaws
· Objective 4: Committee update specifically Communications Committee (Newsletter and Survey).
Note: Any guests that would like to join please email us at SJFSAB@gmail.com.
The SAB normally holds a minimum of six meetings of the full board per year, typically the first Tuesday of every other month at 7pm in the school library unless otherwise noted on the school calendar or via an e-mail update to the school community. The intervening months are reserved for meetings of the various SAB committees. For the 2018-19 school year, the SAB has decided to meet as a full board monthly as we reorganize and reenergize our efforts in line with new archdiocesan guidelines. The current 2018-19 meeting schedule is as follows: September 25, 2018 @ 7:30pm (executive session only – board introductions) October 8, 2018 @ 7pm (executive session only – board training) November 6, 2018 @ 7p (executive session only – committee formation) December 4, 2018 @ 7pm (open forum – moved to Kane Hall) January 15, 2018 @ 7pm February 5, 2018 @ 7pm March 5, 2018 @ 7pm April 2, 2018 @ 7pm May 7, 2018 @ 7pm Unless noted as an executive session only, full board meetings consist of two sessions: one open to community members and one closed to just board members. We will always start the meeting with the open session to accommodate our welcomed guests at a set time. The standing agenda for the open portion of the meeting will typically be as follows:
• Opening prayer
• Review of meeting norms and agenda
• Review and approval of past minutes
• Review of and response to previous guest comments / promised SAB feedback
• Invitation and discussion, if appropriate, of new guest comments and concerns
• Pastor’s report
• Principal’s report
• Committee reports
• Other ad hoc new business
• Dismissal to closed session
The SAB will seek to publish the specific agenda and any supplemental notes or prep materials for each full board meeting at least seven days, and never less than three days, in advance via the linked documents section on this SAB web page as well as via the school messenger e-mail system.